Saturday, September 27, 2008

Dance Dance

We were declared the runners-up. Considering the way we struggled, I am quite happy. We did not get the 3rd girl and so one of the guys had to back out. Only 4 of us danced finally. One of my colleagues had fever. He popped pills and practised with us. On top of that, every other friend of his were coming and asking him to do a step this way and that. I knew he was giving his best even if the steps were not perfect, so I asked him to do what he is comfortable with. I told that there are less than 10 groups, so we are already in the top 10 and needn't worry. Synchronization was still a problem till our last practice session but we managed to pull it off on the final day.

We called ourselves 'The 2 Left Feet Dancers". It is a different feeling all together to perform on stage- the lights, the stage, the sound system, the costumes, the crowd, the buterflies in the stomach, the works...

The winning group( 6 of them) danced to a medley of songs. They deserved it.

We won a trophy and Shoppers' Stop vouchers. I am buying something for S as he has been cooking continuosly while I came late drousy and ready to doze off any moment.

10 comments:

Aqua said...

Congrats! and y're buying something for hubby instead? how nice! how pati-vrata of you :)

AmitL said...

Oh,wow...Arunima-how is it you never mentioned this dancing talent of yours in any previous posts??Now, waiting to see a video on youtube.:)

Congrats for the prize. And,how thoughtful-you're buying something for S.:)

Stone said...

Hope its not some kitchen-ware for him :-)

Arunima said...

@Stone: Shhhhh! :-) HE may just stop cooking all together and I'll be in trouble if I do that.

@Amitl: I have mentioned about dance a couple of times earlier. I have been dancing since Kindergarten.

austere said...

Congratulations.

And to S, too.

Cynic in Wonderland said...

ailla taking to bribery and corruption now ? very bad.

also congratulations

AmitL said...

guess my memory's fading.haha!!But,I honestly didn't remember a post on dancing.wow to you dancing since KG.

Pallavi said...

Congratulations man !!

xyz said...

Congrats Arunima very sweet of you to buy sthing for ur hubby :)

My best friend's name is also Arunima and she is also a very good dancer interesting coincidence isnt it ?

In fact coz of ur name i started reading ur blog
I njoy ur posts especially about Ankita :)
Keep rocking

Anonymous said...

hey..thats neat!!
Good going there :)