Thursday, December 09, 2010

The reassurances of the everyday

i stood in my balcony today and saw the landscaping being done by the support staff. It was beautiful! Well, i am recovering fast. With nothing better to do, i found contentment in the humdrum reassurances of the everyday. Visited the doc. He hasn't removed the cast on my leg, but he has given me a walker. I have been advised to take it slow. The hip still pains. Umm, my hips don't lie. i am able to go to the rest room on my own, and also go to the dining table. My bed pan days are over. It's a great thing to be able to poop on your own. man! i can't tell you. Mom used to make fun at times, and tell me not to do it more than once in a day. So, i am gaining back my independence, one step at a time.

Colleagues visit me once in a while and cheer me up and they got me a lot of movies and shows, Sienfeld for one. I also read Mystic River, Shawshank Redemption, Paths of Glory, and Shalimar the Clown. Will write about them later.

Femina declared my letter to be an award-winning one and i will be receiving a cell phone cover from Miss Sixty. Now that my mobile phone got stolen, i am sure the phone cover was what i had most wanted. :-)
Anyho, i also won the caption contest for blood donation in my office. I happened to check my mails from bed and just sent, and lo, i had won. You see, winning is in my err cast, or hip so to say.

"A traffic jam when you're already late
A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break
It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife
It's meeting the man of my dreams
And then meeting his beautiful wife
And isn't it ironic...don't you think" ~ Alanis Morisette

5 comments:

** Sri Harsha Maiya ** said...

Oh dear!

I hadn't read your earlier posts. Wish you a fast recovery lady.

Take care now :-)

Also, to pass time,you can look at pictures I've taken :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mylittlefinger

AmitL said...

Hi,Arunima-there,things are getting better...and, soon you'll be back on your,err,toes,so to speak.
----
A big LOL at 'bed pan days are over'..happy Independence Day!
---
As for the prize letters, I usually don't swell up with pride and say 'I told you so'..but I will...So,here goes'I told you so'..:)Where else did you write? Try a variety of mags..except political ones, of course.:)

S said...

Good things are happening to you as a compensation for the bad accident :P though mobile pouch was quite a sarcasm from god :D

get well sooner :) TC

kirti said...

congratulations on winning an award for best letter . If you get a mobile cover , just choose a matching and fitting mobile to go with it. They have made the job easier for you.
I tried recahing upto your letter through the link but in vain .....would u please post it again ( or have I missed reading it ? )
Get well soon

Asha said...

Congratulations for two reasons.. first the letter and second, yes second- for being able to use the rest room on your own :)

I know how it feels to win something like that> I was also very excited and happy when GH magazine chose my letter as the best letter and I got gifts worth 5K :)