Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Gonna be a bear

In this life I'm a woman. In my next life, I'd like to come back as a bear.

When you're a bear, you get to hibernate. You do nothing but sleep for six months. I could deal with that.

Before you hibernate, you're supposed to eat yourself stupid. I could deal with that, too.

When you're a girl bear, you give birth to your children (who are the size of walnuts) while you're sleeping and wake to partially grown, cute cuddly cubs. I could definitely deal with that.

If you're a mama bear, everyone knows you mean business. You swat anyone who bothers your cubs. If your cubs get out of line, you swat them too. I could deal with that.

If you're a bear, your mate EXPECTS you to wake up growling. He EXPECTS that you will have hairy legs and excess body fat.

Yup...gonna be a bear.

Got it this morning as a forward and liked it.

21 comments:

Pritesh Jain said...

Nice one.

manuscrypts said...

lemme know when you wanna practise the hug :p

Anonymous said...

Bear is my favourite food. If you born as bear, I will have you for my dinner. He he he

Anonymous said...

Statutary Warning: Excessive Bear hugging may be injurious to soul.

Fuzzylogic said...

Lol,I loved this one.In this bad winter down here hibernating this way sounds soo appealing:)
You have a nice blog!

sanguine said...

LOL ... me want to be one as well ..
with my weight , i am half done :D

upsilamba said...

LOL @ Sang's comment.
how I wish the mate expect me to wake up growling. lucky bearie.

Stone said...

:-)

Anonymous said...

I guess bears have lost their interest in economics and now dabbling into blogging !!.....algorithms don't change the equations but equations do change the algorithms!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't no so much about bear. Now I envy them :) Achu

Arunima said...

@Achu: :-) They are starting to look quite cute to me also.

APUGONNAB said...

Me too! Me too!! I wanna be a bear! :-))

d4u said...

Hehehe..real nice one...beary beary nice!!! :)

Anonymous said...

This surely was a nice sequel to "That's Gross"....from the DNA stuff.

Did you get to see Will Smith's 'Hitch' ?

Mungeri

claytonia vices said...

Quite a BEARable post! ;-)

Anonymous said...

i know man!!!!!!

when i had read it first I could totally relate to it...

especially the one about eating excessively :D

Anonymous said...

Eating, sleeping...wah, kya life hai bears kii!

AmitL said...

Heh heh...that's a nice one...let me say' Waah..kya life hai.' --bears ki,I mean..wonder if this is where the quote 'bearish' for the stock market in a sluggish condition,comes from?:)

plush said...

hehe....good idea...

AA said...

amen.

TheExperimentalMom said...

who would write this post then:(???

n wat about the comments - they all wanna be a bear now?

waise...i wont mind being a bear myself:P, no more waxing, threading, pluking...wat relief!...lol