Tuesday, September 28, 2004

of woman and climax

"I disregard the proportions, the measures, the tempo of the ordinary world. I refuse to live in the ordinary world as ordinary women. To enter ordinary relationships. I want ecstasy. I am a neurotic -- in the sense that I live in my world. I will not adjust myself to the world. I am adjusted to myself."

~Anais Nin. March 25, 1933 from Incest

"Man can never know the kind of loneliness a woman knows. Man lies in a woman's womb only to gather strength, he nourishes himself from this fusion, and then he rises and goes into the world, into his work, into battle, into art. He is not lonely. He is busy. The memory of the swim in amniotic fluid gives him energy, completion. The woman may be busy too, but she feels empty. Sensuality for her is not only a wave of pleasure in which he has bathed, and a charge of electric joy at contact with another. When man lies in her womb, she is fulfilled, each act of love is a taking of man within her, and act of birth and rebirth, of child bearing and man bearing. Man lies in her womb and is reborn each time anew with a desire to act, to BE. But for a woman, the climax is not in the birth, but in the moment when man rests inside of her."

May 25, 1932 from The Diary of Anaïs Nin, Volume One 1931-1934

6 comments:

Stone said...

Thanks for introducing me to Anaïs Nin ; undeniably thought provoking post, but somehow I do not agree with her loneliness funda.

manuscrypts said...

very enlightening, bu not quite sure those are views that can be applied generally....hmm

Aekta said...

I totally disagree.
:-)

Thanks for dropping by, and nice blog, I'll be around!

Calvin said...

wow, very interesting.. where in the world did you come up with her!!

Ankur said...

something tooo complex to go in my mind,,but still i know its serious..

NoHairBrain said...

Runi!! Finally I found someone who reads Anais nin and hates mondays!! yaaay!! :D