- a couple in rags sitting by the roadside, sharing a meal from a plastic bag placed on a newspaper
- a lady almost 8 months pregnant, begging. Does she have a home or a husband to go back to?
- a couple fighting. She fumed,’Are u deaf?’ He kept of walking ahead without a word.
- a few girls doing some kind of gymnastic. Are they safe in the streets? Child molestors and rapists do not come with horns. Worst still, will they give themselves up for a meal or a few sums of rupees?
- a couple walking hand in hand. The lady had polio. Her husband walked slowly with her in their own pace unmindful of the mad rush around them.
- a baby girl standing in front of her mom’s two-wheeler, balloon in hand. The balloon suddenly went afloat a few metres, fell on the ground and bursted. Both mom and kid craned their necks to see it. Mom looked at her kid’s face again. She looked more disappointed than her little one. Mothers!
Wednesday, September 08, 2004
I saw ...