Saturday, June 19, 2004

"The Inscrutable Americans"

Glued to "The Inscrutable Americans". Anurag Mathur is boisterous. Here, I quote some lines from the book.

“Most surprising thing about America is it is full of Americans. Everywhere Americans, Americans, big and white, it is a little frightening.”

“He is asking me about nuts and I am saying that I am liking very much and eating many on plane. 'Totally, totally nuts,' he is saying, which is I feel American expression for someone fond of cashewnuts.”

“In the distance the towers of the World Trade Center rose in effortless insolence, heedless of the smaller buildings clumped like barnacles around its base”

“What about Ronald Reagan, does he get a bathroom, or in the morning does he go out to the lawns followed by security guards?’”

No comments: