Tuesday, June 15, 2004

dwelt

It was one of those days when the sky opened fire and the Rain Gods heaved and poured mercilessly.’R’ offered to drop me back. The car glided slowly atuned to the rhythm of the wiper. Then came the music, Jagjit Singh in his bouyant self from the album ‘Mirage’. Perhaps, it was the ambience, the voice and the lyrics in perfect symphony that stirred emotions in me which lied dormant.

Koyi chaudvi ka chand bankar
Tumhare tasavvur me aaya to hoga
Kisise to ki hogi tumne muhobbat
Kisiko gale se lagaya to hoga

Tumhaare khayalongki angrayiyon mein
Meri yaad ki phool mehki to hongi
Kabhie apne ankho ki kajal se tumne
Mera naam likhkar mittaya to hoga

Labong se muhobbat ka jadu jagake
Bhari waqt me sabse nazre bachake
Nigahong ki raho ko dil me samake
Kisine tumhe bhi churaya to hoga

Nigahon mein shamme tamannah jalake
Taki hongi tumne bhi raahe kisiki
Kisine to waada kiya hoga tumse
Kisine tumhe bhi rulaya to hoga


Seldom have an ear for ghazals but this one challenged my opinion. Took me to oblivion? I guess not. I rather dwelt in the lyrics.
I search for love in all the wrong places.
I search for love in all the faces.

1 comment:

Arunima said...

thanks a lot Amit.
See, I have made the change.
Arunima